Urban Outfitters is bringing an alternative vision of retail to the world. We started out as a single boutique in 1970s Philadelphia, came to Europe 20 years ago and grew to 51 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy and France. We’ve kept all our buying, merchandising, editorial and selling in-house as we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got our eyes on new horizons. And we’re looking for talented, fresh-thinking and dynamic people to come with us.
We’re looking for a Sales Assistant to join our team.
The main objective of this role is to support store management team in achieving a store environment that fosters creativity, employee development and the VIBE philosophy. To uphold the Urban Outfitters “Peers Training Peers” philosophy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver a positive, friendly experience by engaging the customer through conversation and service
- Enhance the VIBE by focusing on customers and not on projects during prime time selling hours
- Provide a store experience that reflects the Company’s mystery shop standards
- Contribute to the overall VIBE in the store by being positive, respectful and helpful to others
- Uphold Company standards and act as a positive role model to peers
Teamwork and Communication:
- Work productively within the team and take initiative to work with others toward a common, collaborative goal
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Communicate positively and effectively with peers
- Actively participate in daily and department meetings
- Demonstrate proficiency in job knowledge (i.e. tills, shipment tasks, and fitting room guidelines)
- Participate in the processing of new shipment and help the team to keep receiving and back stock areas clean and organised
- Assist in the timely and accurate completion of weekly tasks (i.e. markdowns, re-tickets, transfers and RTVs)
- Exhibit awareness of loss prevention guidelines and comply with all inventory control measures
- Adhere to Company Health & Safety regulations at all times
Merchandising and Display:
- Uphold store merchandising and cleanliness standards
- Ensure that merchandise is ticketed and the sales floor is well stocked
- Support sales by assisting in merchandising and display projects
- Exhibit a familiarity with current product and trend awareness
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a retail environment – not a must.
- An awareness of the Urban Outfitters brand and its appeal to the local market.
- Strong communication skills.