Urban Outfitters is bringing an alternative vision of retail to the world. We started out as a single boutique in 1970s Philadelphia, came to Europe 20 years ago and grew to 51 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy and France. We’ve kept all our buying, merchandising, editorial and selling in-house as we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got our eyes on new horizons. And we’re looking for talented, fresh-thinking and dynamic people to come with us.
We’re looking for a Merchandising Admin Assistant (MAA) to join our team.
The main objective of this role is to provide support to the Planner in all areas of the Merchandising department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all in-bound freight into the warehouse ensuring timely delivery and product quantity.
- Actively manage vendor chargebacks as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance standards are appropriately adhered to.
- Effectively communicate in bound product delivery dates with the branch merchandising, allocator and buying teams.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure deliveries are on time and in full.
- System maintenance (IP/MTS) post TOP-approval.
- Provide regular reporting on vendor performance across key metrics.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness and a keen interest in the fashion retail industry.
- Work experience within a Buying/Merchandising office.