HR Administrator, Distribution Center, URBN.
This role sits in URBN, our shared service function, within the Logistics Department, working closely with the central HR & Talent Department. URBN supports and works across all brands and business areas, including Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie and Free People.
The ideal candidate will already be working in a retailer and have an HR related degree, either graduated or still studying. Personality and approach will be as important as your experience. You need to be resilient, driven and focused on achieving results.
Be our admin aficionado so the HR Advisor and HR Manager are able to deliver the best support possible.
- Administer all starter and leaver paperwork
- Collating visa documents
- Collating p45s
- Issue letters for the HR Advisor for internal promotions and role changes
- Maintain the e-filing system (creating and updating personnel files)
- Maintain job description files
- Compile monthly payroll trackers
- Compile data for exit summary reports as needed
- Compile the monitoring of holiday and sickness
- Assist the HR Manager in producing all monthly reports
- Maintain organisational charts
- Participate in ad hoc HR projects with the team
- Participate in the Fun Team meetings, helping to be the main administrator for follow up actions needed
Learning & Development
- Co-ordination for training courses
- Booking rooms
- Sorting equipment
- Tracking attendees
- Preparation of all material for HR Advisor and HR Manager
- Support HR Advisor in co-ordination for annual appraisal process
Reward/ Compensation and Benefits
- Assist HR Advisor with benefits administration as needed
- Maintain the maternity, paternity and adoption trackers (information will be passed to you by the HR Advisor and HR Manager to update the records)
- Maintain the absence and sickness trackers (information will be passed to you by the HR Advisor and HR Manager to update the records)
- Maintain the Investigation, Disciplinary and Grievance trackers (information will be passed to you by the HR Advisor and HR Manager to update the records)
- Support in updating HR policies and procedures and other documentation as changes occur
- Co-ordination of probationary review process for UBRNites
- Be the main note taker for all formal meetings relating to absence and lateness investigations and disciplinaries. In time learn to advise in these meetings on outcome, producing the letter afterwards.
- Work with the two agencies on site to maintain temp and seasonal headcount requirements.
- Coordinate the URBNite assessment sessions, ensuring the HR Advisor attends with you.
- Ability to effectively manage high volume work load
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High level of listening and analytical skills
- Ability to establish and build effective working relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ensures confidentiality and protection of sensitive documentation and information
- Good user knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook packages
- Human resources experience preferred or a student studying or recently graduated in HR
- Understanding of basic HR processes and policies and a desire to expand knowledge
- Previous knowledge of HR systems is advantageous
Location: Rushden, Northamptonshire.