European Finance Manager
Due to internal progression, the position of European Finance Manager is being recruited. The role would suit an individual with a strong personality and a keen eye for detail, who is able to lead a team in a results driven environment to produce work of consistently high quality. The individual should be keen to take on a wide range of responsibilities and they should be keen to grow personally with the company as the URBN European business continues to develop.
1. Monthly Financial Reporting
- Coordination of the month end close process for all brands and channels, managing the timetable to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage a team of 4 management accountants, with 2 direct reports.Review all monthly P&L’s, including partnering with brand accountants to ensure commentary is complete, concise and accurate for senior management. Send monthly pack in advance of review meetings and fully participate in meetings to explain trends and variances.
- Partner with EU Compliance Accounting team and US Shared Services Finance team to ensure all entries are booked and ledgers closed on time.
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations and other month end schedules, in collaboration with other members of Finance Department.
2. Budgeting and Forecasting
- Lead the coordination of the EU budgeting process with responsibility for EU Shared Services plus EU Property/Capex. Work closely with senior finance management to agree and communicate proposed budgets.
- Lead the preparation of Shared Services Board review presentations and participation in meetings.
- Ensure that all submission deadlines are met.
- Meet with Senior Managers from Shared Services to discuss submissions and partner with Brand accountants to discuss how proposed budgets affect profit targets.
- Ownership of monthly P&L forecast for EU store property plus other areas in EU Shared services as required, feeding any changes through to brand finance as necessary.
- Preparation of regular Risks & Ops schedule.
3. Ongoing Responsibilities
- Lead the processes around EU property, including
- Ensuring details of new/amended leases get updated correctly
- Reviewing monthly Rent, Rates, Service Charge, Depreciation charges
- Manage relationship with Utilities broker
- Responsibility for Insurance renewals data, plus reviewing open insurance claims
- Driving reporting improvements in all areas.
- Review and understand Inventory reporting generated from within team. Assist with communication of issues with brand partners and AP.
- Partner with Compliance accounting team to ensure all statutory requirements and schedules can be provided to local auditors, accountants and tax advisors.
- Drive continual improvement in methodologies of working and departmental processes, partnering with other Finance colleagues in US and EU as required.
- Other ad hoc reporting / procedures as required.
Skills & Experience Required
- Fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA), 2-3 years PQE minimum
- Experience of working within the retail industry
- Experience of managing staff
- Ability to liaise with and report to senior management in a timely and accurate manner
Our Finance Team Values Innovation – Excellence – Communication – Respect – Well-Being - Collaboration
Strong work ethic and a high degree of self-motivation.