Free People: District Manager
Objective: The District Brand Leader will lead and inspire by taking a forward-thinking and Omni channel approach to the retail experience to ultimately drive sales and customer engagement.
Leadership and Team Management
- Recruit, Hire, Promote: continuously talent plan to build a strong internal bench, maintain a network of great candidates, hire strong store leaders, and create personalized succession paths.
- Develop & Coach: use creative strategies to develop trainingplans that build skills and expertise and coach store teams by providing timely and specific feedback to create a culture of problem solvers.
- Inspire & Motivate: inspire teams through shared fate, creativity, empathy, and empowerment, tailoring motivation to the individual and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Customer Engagement: highly focused on ensuring teams deliver exceptional customer experiences that are efficient, engaging and personalized.
- Retail Experience: challenge and inspire store teams to elevate every aspect of the brick and mortar experience through service, merchandising and display to create a compelling atmosphere for the customer.
- Lead Change & Innovation: lead and support new initiatives to evolve the retail experience for the customer as the brand experience and Omni-channel capabilities expand; drive sales and provide a unique experience.
Visual and Business Operations
- Analyze the Business: analyze sales and product to identify and interpret business opportunities for each store, customer and market.
- Inspire Independent Thinking: integrate observations from store visits and store results to guide teams in making strategic, business-impacting decisions
- Manage Operational & Visual Execution: collaborate with store teams and key partners to lead timely and effective execution in all areas of store operations and visuals
Communication and Relationships
- Provide Meaningful Feedback: during store visits to drive a consistent store experience and ensure excellent operational and visual standards
- Communicate & Build Relationships: in order to facilitate problem-solving and successfully escalate issues and resolve problems quickly
- Strategy: collaborate to create a results-driven district strategy that is aligned with regional and Home Office goals
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
- Exceptional time management and decision making skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- 5+ years store or multi-store experience
- Strong merchant skills and a history of delivering financial results
- Proven record of hiring and developing great talent
- Experienced in coaching, counseling & conflict resolution
- District + Regional team
- Creative + Marketing Team
- Retail Operations
- Loss Prevention
- Inventory Control
- Recruiting & Talent Teams
- Employment Administration/ Benefits
- Regular travel for store visits
- Occasional nights and weekends