Job title Senior Merchandiser
Reporting to Head Of Merchandising
This role is suitable for an experienced Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser who is highly commercial with a strong trading mentality and has the ability to work at pace. This role will be accountable for Planning and Trading multiple categories and will need to partner with Buying to build departmental strategy and develop commercial and cohesive product ranges to strengthen market position.
- Create seasonal strategy for product areas, alongside Buying, combining lessons learnt and drive future opportunity
- Provide seasonal plans and re-forecasts for all categories of responsibility driven from sales history and brand strategy
- Submit weekly sales, stock and markdown forecasts relating to department
- Take ownership for in-season trading – analyse trading patterns working with Buying to optimize speed to market
- Closely monitor inventory flow across department
- Manage department OTB - continually identifying risks/ opportunities to maintain flexibility and optimize trade.
- Manage intake margin alongside buying counterparts, agree target margins with Planning Director and ensure these are met.
- Plan best-fit product mix by market type and store type recognizing diverse needs of the brand
- Manage markdown and promotional planning for product areas – strive to minimize markdown and drive profitability
- Work within a clear critical path to operate an effective/timely product sign off process appropriate for product lead-time
- Ensure effective distribution of stock to potentialise store and product performance
- Display an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market, trends and store performance
- Ensure that the correct level of product newness is present, and that correct mix of end use is phased in at the appropriate time
- Be able to step up to work outside of department remit to support the Management team with projects, deputise for the Head of Merchandise when appropriate
- Work with Management team to establish best practice for wider Merchandise team – be seen as a leader amongst peers
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of Retail systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze, present and communicate information in a manner that allows informed decision-making
- Possess an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Ability to build and maintain productive partnerships and demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Trading Mentality; ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to identify challenges, drive for results and track record of success.
- Profit Focused; skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas
- Team Leadership; provides clear business goals for teams, supports and develops skills base
- Recognises and encourages outstanding performance and manage poor performance effectively
- Develops skills of the team; identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork
- Impact & Influence; ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management Team and Planning Team
We look forward to hearing from you.