Finance Assistant (Treasury)
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant-Compliance
- Initiate all A/P Payment runs
- Initiating A/P related payments out of the operating bank accounts
- Voiding/ re-issuing any rejected/ returned payments
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for European bank accounts
- Review the daily bank debits from all European accounts and reconcile against transactions recorded by A/P or Payroll.
- Correspond with A/P or finance contacts to ensure proper recording of outstanding bank debit transactions
- Develop short-term GBP, EUR and USD cash forecasts
- Maintaining a database of all Direct Debits
- Liaising and providing support to external auditors.
- Provide Accountants with assistance when required.
- 0-2 years treasury/accounts assistant experience
- Experience working with accounting software (Oracle) desired but not essential
- Experience of working with multi currency transactions desired but not essential
- Bank reconciliation experience desired but not essential
- Can work to tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Has strong communication skills and is organized
- Has a positive attitude and keenness to develop
- Is proactive and takes initiative
- Is personable and works well in a team environment
- Studying towards a professional treasury qualification