Job title Branch Planning and Trading Manager
Reporting to Head of Planning
Direct Reports 1 x Branch Planner / 1 x Assistant Planner
Urban Outfitters is bringing an alternative vision of retail to the world. We started out as a single boutique in 1970s Philadelphia, came to Europe 20 years ago and grew to 54 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy and France. We’ve kept all our buying, merchandising, editorial and selling in-house as we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got our eyes on new horizons. And we’re looking for talented, fresh-thinking and dynamic people to come with us.
This role is responsible for managing the Branch Planning and Trading function whilst working with the Senior Management team to drive the brand strategy for each territory. This role would suit a highly commercial individual who is extremely analytical with a strong trading mentality and keen attention to detail.
- Take ownership for the Branch Planning Strategy - reviewing best practice and implementing new process to support the business to optimize sales and density by territory.
- Take ownership for store/territory weekly & monthly forecasts.
- Review and implement robust space and Linear planning & trading processes, managing stock levels in stores within planned requirements vs. capacities and ensure monthly cover targets are maintained.
- Optimise FP Sell-through by closely managing the allocation and replenishment process to minimise MD risk.
- Partner with Finance and Retail teams on Store Seasonal Sales plans and re-forecasts
- Issue target stock and option requirements by store, ensure targets are aligned with topline brand plan.
- Guide product teams on planned/ideal branch stocks to maintain target cover.
- Analyse performance in all stores with a particular focus on high density stores and Concessions on a weekly basis- identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Lead weekly Branch Planning team meeting– agreeing actions to work within.
- Ensure timely set up of option frameworks pre-Season, maintain seasonal store sales and space information, ensure these are issued to the product teams ahead of planning deadlines.
- Space Planning – ensure accurate linear/option counts are maintained for all stores.
- Manage store tiering process at class level
- Take ownership for the new store stock build process, closures and model store.
- Report any risk and opportunity to key stakeholders, ensure 100% right first time openings
- Provide Branch/territory lessons learnt on a quarterly basis – feed this into Product teams to affect appropriate change.
- Gain full understanding of allocation and replenishment tools to support and guide on opportunities to improve existing process
- Oversee Retail events calendar, ensure localised events are planned for and reported on. Communicate with B and M function
- Manage monthly store visit schedule, work with Visual and Retail teams to ensure space in store is optimized and cash densities are maximized
- Consolidate weekly Retail feedback and share with the Product teams – communicating clear actions.
- Manage Retail Events in Season – communicate with relevant teams in a timely manner and feedback on successes and learnings
- Identify stock consolidation opportunities both in season and at season close. Ensure stock is optimized across locations to maximise FP sell through
- Identify high MD risk stores and ensure stock levels are closely managed
- Attend weekly Retail conference call
- Collate lessons learnt on key trading events and store openings/closures
- Provide the business with accurate and clear analysis for each territory.
- Manage Concessions inventory – issue and manage option and unit targets by site working with all key stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of Retail systems
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage cross functional relationships
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze, present and communicate information in a manner that allows informed decision-making
- Ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Ability to build and maintain productive partnerships and demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Trading Mentality; ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to identify challenges, drive for results and track record of success.
- Profit Focused; skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas
- Team Leadership; provides clear business goals for teams, supports and develops skills base
- Recognises and encourages outstanding performance and manage poor performance effectively
- Develops skills of the team; identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork
- Impact & Influence; ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management Team and Planning Team
We look forward to hearing from you.