Senior Buyer, Home & Gift
Here at Urban Outfitters we’re expanding extremely quickly. We currently have 55 stores across the UK and Europe, a hugely successful website and are continuing to grow at a fast pace here in the UK and abroad. This is a exciting time to join our business and we are looking for dedicated and driven people to join us and drive this massive growth.
This is a phenomenal opportunity for a Senior Buyer to join our Home Buying team. The ideal candidate will have a strong product development background and be able to take ownership of their areas.
- This person will demonstrate a fresh perspective and a market leading point of view to curate the homeware edit for our UK and European stores.
- Focusing on furniture, lighting, decorative accessories and our UO Grow offer.
- Taking ownership of these areas and developing a comprehensive range of product across branded and own label product.
- Management of product development and signoff process to ensure critical dates are met.
- Building excellent relationships with supply base and branded partners and using best negotiation skills. As well as on boarding new relevant factories & suppliers.
- Driving trade on a daily and weekly basis, chasing into strong reactions and relentlessly seeding new ideas. With focus on being first to market with new ideas.
- Preparing and presenting weekly sales meetings and product reviews.
- Present strategy, ideas and concepts to senior management, ensuring their confidence in your decisions
- Working closely with the US Buying Team to align product where appropriate for European market as well as sourcing leverages across countries.
- Collaborate across functions and build strong relationships with our retail, content, Ecom and creative teams to ensure best delivery of concept to customer across all platforms.
- Developing and managing a small team.
- In depth knowledge of the home & gifting market and strong point of view on current and upcoming trends. Keeping up to date with competition.
- Represent the brand with integrity and authority at all times, being a true brand ambassador for the home business
- Frequent travel to Europe, USA and Far East.
Salary - On Application. Please note your current salary when applying.
Location - Head Office, Oxford Street London.
Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line and attach your CV.