Title : Supply Chain Merchandiser
Reports to : Merchandising Director
Key Objectives :
- To support the business by driving efficiencies through robust Merchandising and Management of inventory into the EU UO business.
- To support the Buying and Merchandising teams with training and best practice in relation to all inbound inventory KPIs - to include PO management, mode management and vendor support.
- To ensure timely delivery of all inventory through consistent communication and follow-up with Vendors, the DC, Buying and Planning teams.
- To develop key cross functional relationships with the Core B and M teams, DC, Finance and Retail teams within UO in order to understand the full end to end process inbound inventory.
- Maintain and manage the Brand WSSI to channel level - ensuring the flow of stock is in line with planned targets across divisions and all business channels - including DC, Digital, Retail, Franchise and Wholesale.
- Act as the HO contact for all queries with regards to supply chain management. Ensure best practice of operational tasks such as purchase order entry, order revisions, late deliveries, transfers, Retail and Direct PO’s, vendor on boarding, compliance etc.
- Partner with shared services such as IT, Transportation, DC and Finance to execute company initiatives in relation to inbound.
- Maintain and develop effective processes and operational efficiencies to ensure best practice and workflow results.
- Assist the Buying and Planning teams with PO management. Provide clarity around best practice, ensure the teams are efficient and accurate – reviewing PO guidelines to meet the changing needs of the business and support training.
- Ensure consistent communication between HO teams, Vendors, DC and transportation. Be proactive in acknowledging exceptions when they occur outside of set department guidelines. Partner with Buyers and Planners to call out exceptions/issues/risk deliveries. Track and recap all late deliveries, transportation issues.
- Responsible for providing regular accurate weekly, monthly and annual reporting for intake plans and forecasts on all inbound freight providing visibility by division. Manage in line with brand strategy challenging teams as necessary on costs.
- Work closely with the DC management team to create clear DC intake forecasts, reviewing regularly and flagging issues as necessary, particularly with regards to peak flows and risks to costs.
- Responsible for the seasonal set up and weekly management of the brand WSSI forecasting as necessary to unit level to manage the flow of inventory into the DC, Direct Channel and out to Retail.
- Ensure correct set up and maintenance of SKU’s in IP, MTS, including pricing and uplifts.
- Demonstrate rounded knowledge of the business in order to make informed decisions within the role.
- Support the business with systems implementation relating to supply chain.
- Work closely with vendors to develop an in depth understanding of the supply chain, proactively encouraging best practice and improving service levels whilst managing costs.
Essential skills :
- Excellent organisational, prioritising and time management.
- Ability to learn quickly and to retain information. Must be analytical and able to manage solutions within multiple IT systems and understand how they interact.
- Strong communications skills - able to work with key partners across the business within the brand and also within Shared services.
- Advanced ability within Excel and natural aptitude for IT systems.
- Ability to work well within a team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with direction from line manager.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Exhibits a high energy level as well as a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage and develop a team to deliver results.