Free People - International Senior Operations & Credit Coordinator
The International Sr. Operations & Credit Coordinator is responsible for managing and overseeing Free People operational policies, procedures, objectives and initiatives, including but not limited to, overall customer experience, fulfillment, credit & collections and day-to-day business. The Sr. Operations & Credit Coordinator will be required to build and maintain partnerships both domestically and internationally across functional areas within the Brand, Sales Team and shared services to ensure Free People’s goals are achieved. This role will evolve and other duties will be assigned as the business grows.
Credit and Collections
- Manage all third-party partners Free People employs to accept payment and own any new third-party implementations.
- Partner with the Sales Team, US-based credit team, and third-party partners to ensure monthly payments will be submitted in time for shipment by the last business day of each month. Develop and manage process and new procedures as needed.
- Own Return Authorizations and Credits for the International Sale’s Team. Ensure the Sales Team stays within budget for returns and credits each month. Complete daily tasks, provide weekly reporting and end of month reporting to ensure targets are met. Work with the Sales Team to manage their rate in the event they go over budget. Troubleshoot specific overages and find ways to resolve.
- Manage chargeback review for all EU accounts, not to exceed 1% of Net sales/month. Partner with Sales Team and Fulfillment Center to mitigate chargeback expenses and recommend process and procedure updates as needed.
- Support management of EU credit review, provide industry references and research supporting documentation needed to make decisions for credit limits and payment-terms.
- Complete standard reporting for month-end, quarter-end
- Support execution and compliance of all customer routing guides. Evaluate systemic changes and value added services and make recommendations for potential investments and expense savings.
- Build and maintain contacts for all customer’s logistics department and preferred carriers. Coordinate supply ordering and support tracking ownership of supplies to ensure value added services can be completed.
- Manage EU review of shipping issues with the Fulfillment Center to ensure they are rectified for the incident and corrected going forward.
- Manage inventory movement from US to UK-based fulfillment center. Schedule, coordinate and complete all transfer of goods. Set a transfer schedule monthly with approval from the carrier, the Sales Team and the Fulfillment Center.
- Partner with Production teams in the US to communicate clearly what purchase orders will and will not arrive on time each month to capture for shipment to customers. Provide daily updates the last ten days of the month.
- Facilitate Blue Cherry training for any new Fulfillment Center wholesale staff.
- Evaluate current process and procedures and suggest systemic and process improvements to cut down on task related work.
- Build documentation and training resources for the Sales Team and Fulfillment Center teams. Complete at least 4 hours of training with all new hires. Complete quarterly refresher trainings with current and new employees.
- Be a Blue Cherry power user with the ability to test and sign off on patches and upgrades.
- Coordinate cross-functional team communication domestically and internationally with the Credit, Customer Service, Transportation, IT and Fulfillment Centers for daily tasks to quarter and yearly close.
- Provide analysis and identification of medium to long term opportunities for improvements to service, shipping and payment acceptance. Explain clearly and effectively to relevant partners reasons to implement and support recommendations.
- Support Order Maintenance on open orders for existing and new accounts.
- Independently own allocation process daily and remotely on Saturday or Sunday as needed.
- Review current reports and suggest new daily, weekly, monthly reports to help all areas of the business. Own building reports and manage distribution lists. Help with analyzing as needed.
- Partner with Account Executives to ensure specific customer requests are completed timely and accurately. Supply information to Account Executives to provide possible outcomes to the Account Executives to ensure the best course of action is chosen.
Skills / Requirements
- University Graduate
- 4-5 years work experience, preferably operational or customer based
- Strong understanding of logistics and operational policies and procedures to support a wholesale businesses
- Ability to suggest, document and implement systemic and process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a passion for driving results
- Capacity to manage and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Travel in the UK, EU and US required
- Experience with Blue Cherry a positive