Urban Outfitters is bringing an alternative vision of retail to the world. We started out as a single boutique in 1970s Philadelphia, came to Europe 20 years ago and grew to 51 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy and France. We’ve kept all our buying, merchandising, editorial and selling in-house as we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got our eyes on new horizons. And we’re looking for talented, fresh-thinking and dynamic people to come with us.
We’re looking for a PR Coordinator to join our team.
JOB TITLE: Womenswear PR Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Head of PR
The main objective of this role is to promote and protect the company’s image by delivering positive communications about the company through a variety of routes and channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for actively building new relationships and developing existing relationships with UK press and digital influencers to secure positive and favourable coverage across targeted womenswear and lifestyle media
- Communicating key news stories to target press
- PR database management
- Daily coordination with EU press agency and provide assets where relevant
- Overseeing the intern with the daily running of the press office
- Writing and circulating press releases
- Monitor and report on press coverage
- Coordinating PR events with the support of the team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess UK press contacts at mid-junior level across key womenswear and lifestyle titles and platforms
- Excellent written & communication skills
- 2 – 3 years PR experience either in-house or agency
- Excellent media awareness and a genuine interest in all facets of media
- Extremely organised and efficient with excellent time management skills
- Event coordination skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
We look forward to hearing from you!