JOB TITLE: Homeware Designer
REPORTS TO: Buying Manager Home
The main objective of this role is take ownership for all design responsibilities and decisions for your Product area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing an innovative and commercial range of home designs (textile) to meet business requirements across the UK and Europe for stores and online.
- Designing products which exceed the Urban Outfitters customers’ expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach.
- Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
- Working closely with the WW / MW design team to create colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons.
- Working closely with the buying team to design concept and trend boards.
- Working with the buying team to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
- Working with your buyer with exceptional sourcing skills across all needs of your product.
- Keeping abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
- Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
- Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs.
- Creativity and style.
- Proven track record of delivering in season designs.
- Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- A natural at drawing by hand, but also proficient in CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Understanding of AI files and sending physical artwork to suppliers in line with substrate suitability.
- Need to be experienced working with a global supply base
- A confident communicator, you will be very well organized.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the brand with vision to support the design team to push the brand