URBN - Payroll Manager
The Payroll Manager will be an integral part of the Finance team; helping to lead the approach to creating a payroll management strategy making URBN compliant, efficient and industry leading.
A keen interest in modern trends within Payroll; the main responsibility will be to provide an efficient and comprehensive payroll service to the brand's employees and to the internal and external business partners.
- Responsibility for management of payroll team, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all payroll payments for the UK and all EU territories in which URBN operates.
- Be the first point of contact for all employee payroll enquiries throughout UK and Europe.
- Generating and compiling monthly Payroll reports, including compliance checks.
- Partner with management accounts teams to ensure clear reporting and analysis is produced for all monthly payroll P&L balances.
- Coordinate the collation of bonus accruals each quarter, validating entry and providing management reporting. Drive the processes around year-end bonus payments, ensuring timely and accurate submissions are received from business heads.
- Carry out regular internal audit processes to ensure all pay rules remain intact, flagging any issues to the relevant business partner.
- Carry out regular reviews of the payroll systems to ensure optimum efficiency.
- Regularly review all standard payroll policies, documentation and forms ensuring that all information remains up to date and in line with changes in Payroll and HR legislation.
- Work with European payroll providers to obtain regular updates and to ensure that all minimum pay requirements are met.
- Partner with the HR team and Retail Operations team to ensure transparency of raw data and process flows are correct.
- Be the point of contact for benefit providers regarding payments through the system.
- Proven experience of working in similar role in payroll department for retail business
- Have a strong understanding of HMRC requirements for payroll processing.
- Have strong IT skills, including programs such as Oracle, Hyperion Essbase, Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Proven ability to communicate with and influence and impact key business partners, representing the needs of payroll in clear and controlled manner.
- Experience in working with ADP and Kronos, or similar systems.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Fantastic communication style, written and oral.
We look forward to hearing from you.