The main objective of this role is to provide support to Buyer in all areas of the buying department.
The ideal candidate would have at least two work experience placements on a buying department, have a fashion related degree and be an enthusiastic, positive individual with strong self-motivation, communication and interpersonal skills as well as a strong work ethic and passion for product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administration support to the buying team covering all departmental issues/queries.
- Key orders onto the systems coordinating with market vendors, the design & sourcing teams and directly with factories.
- Manage orders through to TOP approval.
- Manage samples, coordinate fit process and communicate with related parties.
- Critical path management of product, i.e. sample receipt, lab dip/trim/fit approvals, TOP receipt and approval, ensuring vendors receipt of tickets for labelling.
- Ensure we maintain the highest of product quality.
- Maintenance of MTS.
- Weekly reporting generation.
- Managing samples for Press and Web Stories.
- Manage interns.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in a buying office preferred but not essential
- Fashion degree graduate.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Commercial awareness and a keen interest in the fashion retail industry.
- To have a creative flair.