JOB TITLE: Design Manager
REPORTS TO: Design Director
The main objective of this role is
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- An ability to build brands, developing them from scratch.
- Managing a team of varying levels.
- Leading the design team in identifying trends.
- Working closely with both the design team and the buying teams on colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons.
- Working with the design and buying teams to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
- Overseeing ranges across the UK and Europe as well as our online offering.
- Overseeing designs of garments for all phases and seasons, giving direction to senior and junior designer levels.
- Present the range for sign off and adjustments.
- To keep abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
- Monitoring progress and developing the team by giving design and strategic direction.
- Range planning for all collections
- Responsible for all recruitment for the design/production team
- You will ideally have experience within the European retail market place
- Reporting directly to the Design Director
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Already at Design Manager level, you will be looking for your next career move.
- The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
- Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box
- Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs
- International collection experience
- Excellent sourcing knowledge and experience working with global supply base
- Creativity and style
- Project management experience
- You will inspire others through your own actions and provide mentoring and training where needed
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels
- Additional experience of structural change projects would be an advantage
- Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills
- Able to communicate ideas and designs with hand sketches
- Excellent inspirational research eye