Recruitment Manager, Urban Outfitters Inc.
This role sits in URBN, our shared service function, within the HR & Talent Department. URBN supports and works across all brands and business areas, including Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie.
Personality and approach will be as important as your experience. You need to be resilient yet flexible, commercial yet empathetic, professional, driven and focused with your sights firmly set on achieving results.
Implement the Recruitment strategy, supporting the head office business with its continued expansion and success. You will be a hands-on recruitment manager overseeing the Head Office recruitment team providing on-going management, development, and coaching of them. This role is responsible for delivering attraction, selection, recruitment and candidate management processes to ensure URBN can secure the best talent available with constant consideration to quality, time and value.
This role reports into the HR Director and has a Recruiter, a Junior Recruiter and a Talent Coordinator as direct line reports.
- Be agile with and for change to bring innovation to all recruitment activities and processes.
- Continue to develop the recruitment processes in all business areas, looking for areas of improvement across all recruitment channels.
- Champion the use of digital and social channels to attract and recruit great candidates.
- Deepen our focus on referrals and direct sourcing strategies.
- Develop innovative initial attraction from advertising platforms, thinking outside of the box to help URBN employer branding stand apart as an employer of choice.
- Developing focused branding framework for advertising.
- Drive the team to be involved and considered with input into quarterly benchmarking.
- Manage weekly/monthly/quarterly/bi-annual and annual reporting; be innovative and challenge the status quo on what and how we report.
- Manage the ATS database with relevant and proper processes, ensuring team engagement and use.
- Manage the team to actively develop talent pools for short term and long-term recruitment campaigns
- Advise and consult with functional leaders in Head Office on implementing attraction strategies for their departments, making sure they complement the overall business and Talent strategy.
- Manage and strategise the attendance of University, School and Industry recruitment fairs, networking events and seminars.
- Create a recruitment social media strategy which will improve the company’s online presence from a recruitment perspective.
- Provide competitor analysis to functional leaders to let them know of changes within the sector.
- Provide mentoring and training to current team members and develop progression plans with them.
- Up to date on latest recruitment trends and industry best practice
- Strategically identify competitive companies to target and drive the team(s) towards that.
- Own the high- exec level recruitment directly, managing the full recruitment cycle.
- Ensure the team bring new business and competitor intelligence to the wider talent team regularly.
- Update the Talent team on progress and updates weekly.
- Work with the Head Office HR Manager to create synergy, knowledge sharing and great partnership.
- 6+ years of research and recruiting experience, ideally attained within a fast paced, high performing retail, executive search, professional services or consultancy/agency environment.
- Proven ability to manage end-to-end recruitment processes, including meeting targets and delivering an outstanding candidate experience
- Experience of implementing a recruitment strategy
- Experience of managing and coaching teams.
- Be agile to enable the development of best-in-class recruitment processes.
- Ability to manage functional leaders, impacting and influencing at all levels in order to gain trust and buy in.
- Organisational and planning skills; able to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise a varied and busy workload for yourself and your team
- An outgoing engaging individual with excellent interpersonal skills; confident and assertive with a strong sense of self; positive and enthusiastic; self-motivated with high energy.
- A conceptual and strategic thinker; well developed sense of curiosity.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills; can balance a range of projects concurrently and highly effective at time management and setting priorities.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to acquire, gather and synthesize information; technology and database savvy.
- Proactive, responsible and accountable; tenacious, result and deadline driven.
- Works well with others and is team focused.