Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Head Office, West Street, Covent Garden, London
Salary: On Application – Please note your salary when applying
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join the Finance Department for URBN Shared Services. This is a very exciting time to be joining the URBN Shared Services team with strong growth forecast across the UK and mainland Europe driven by strong Direct demand and Retail expansion.
All three of our brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie and Free People) in Europe are accountable for their own buying, merchandising and selling. Several other functions sit within shared services as a part of the wider URBN European division. Within this division sits Finance, IT, Logistics, Property, Construction, Facilities Management, Real Estate, HR & Talent Acquisition.
The successful candidate should have good numeric, organisation and interpersonal skills and adapt to working in a fast-paced dynamic retail environment. This role will give the right person the chance to work in an experienced team and will be given the encouragement and support to learn and develop.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
Month end close
Responsibility for ensuring all month end accounting entries are made for European Legal Entities. Including:
- Posting relevant accruals & prepayments
- Assisting with Inventory month end processes when required
- Assisting with Fixed assets and Depreciation month end processes when required including review of projects spend and analysis
- Assisting with Accounts Receivable month end processes including raising invoices and tracking settlements with the Treasury team
- Assisting with relevant intercompany journals when required
- Assist with property analysis and journals
- Help prepare Month End P&L variance analysis for Finance Managers / EU Controller
- Production of month end analysis schedules for a variety of stakeholders across the business
- Ensuring completion of all Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist in producing property analysis, including providing turnover information to landlords when required
- Working with utilities broker on the management of utilities contracts and costs across stores and head offices
- Assist with property payments when required including rent, CAM, insurance, rates
Annual budget and reforecast
- Assist with preparation of forecast and budgets
- Assist with budget analysis and presentation decks
- Work with compliance team to assist with year end audit queries for all European entities
- Assist with completion of National Statistics forms
- Ad hoc analysis upon request
- Part qualified/looking to begin CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Medium level of MS Excel Skills and similar level for other MS Programmes such as Outlook, Word etc.
- Can work to tight deadlines and manage expectations
- Has strong communication skills and is organised
- Has a positive attitude and keenness to develop
- Is proactive and takes initiative
- Is personable and works well in a team environment
- Has strong attention to detail
We look forward to hearing from you!