Urban Outfitters: Branch Merchandising – Assistant Planner
Reporting to Branch Planning & Trading Manager
- This role would suit a commercial individual who is analytical with keen attention to detail.
- Responsible for supporting the Branch Merchandising function to drive the brand strategy for each territory.
- Managing stock levels in stores within planned requirements vs. capacities and ensure cover targets are maintained.
- Optimise FP Sell-through by closely managing the allocation and replenishment process to minimise MD risk.
- Analyse performance in all stores with a particular focus on high density stores and Concessions on a weekly basis- identify trends, risks and opportunities.
- Prioritize weekly which stores should be the focus for branch work – and give guidance to planning teams
- Provide the business with accurate and clear analysis for each territory. Drive any changes needed to evolve and improve reporting going forward.
- Focus on Divisional/Class/Product ‘exceptions’ at Territory level – ensuring we have appropriate reporting to support planners’ decision making
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly review of the difference in trading between stores by class and division. Including producing reports and analysis.
- Provide Branch/territory lessons learnt on a quarterly basis – feed this into Product teams to affect appropriate change.
- Gain full understanding of allocation and replenishment tools to support and guide on opportunities to improve existing process
- Oversee Retail events calendar, ensure localised events are planned for and reported on. Communicate with Buying and Planning functions
- Consolidate weekly Retail feedback and share with the Product teams – communicating clear actions.
- Regular branch visits to review opportunities to help maximize sales in stores and providing feedback for the planning and buying teams with clear actions
- Manage Retail Events in Season – communicate with relevant teams in a timely manner and feedback on successes and learnings
- Identify stock consolidation opportunities both in season and at season close. Ensure stock is optimized across locations to maximise FP sell through
- Identify high MD risk stores and ensure stock levels are closely managed
- Attend weekly Retail conference call
- Collate lessons learnt on key trading events and store openings/closures
- Manage Concessions inventory – issue and manage option and unit targets by site working with all key stakeholders.
- Gain understanding of key tasks covered by the Planning element of the function and provide support when necessary
- Work with Branch Planner to ensure Branch Planning and Branch Merchandising are aligned
- Produce and adapt analysis to help support Branch Planning when needed
- Experience at Assistant Branch Planner level is desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of Retail systems is preferable
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrate logical analysis and positive problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyze, present and communicate information in a manner that allows informed decision-making
- Ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them
- Ability to build and maintain productive partnerships and demonstrate strong listening, oral and written communication skills
- Finding opportunities to achieve profit, using trading mentality to support and develop product areas