Job Title: Junior Accountant – Compliance Team
Location: Head Office, West Street, Covent Garden, London
Salary: On Application – Please note your salary when applying
We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Accountant to join the Finance Department for URBN Shared Services. This is a very exciting time to be joining the URBN Shared Services team with strong growth forecast across the UK and mainland Europe driven by strong Direct demand and Retail expansion.
All three of our brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie and Free People) in Europe are accountable for their own buying, merchandising and selling. Several other functions sit within shared services as a part of the wider URBN European division. Within this division sits Finance, IT, Logistics, Property, Construction, Facilities Management, Real Estate, HR & Talent Acquisition.
The successful candidate should have good numeric, organisation and interpersonal skills and adapt to working in a fast-paced dynamic retail environment. This role will give the right person the chance to work in an experienced team and will be given the encouragement and support to learn and develop.
The role includes the following responsibilities:
Local Compliance (audits, statutory accounts & VAT)
- Assist with year-end audit and statutory accounts compliance including liaising with local accountants
- Assist with monthly reporting packs sent to local accountants including SOCs
- Assist with UK and European VAT returns when required, working with local accountants and the Senior VAT specialist to file local VAT returns in an accurate & timely manner
- Assist with reconciliation of VAT balance sheet accounts when required
- Monitoring sales growth in European territories to forecast when VAT turnover thresholds are to be breached
- UK and European Intrastat returns when required
- EC sales list and other regulatory returns when required
- Assist with EU real time reporting including invoicing requirements for Direct orders in several EU territories
- Process Monthly Intercompany Entries for European /UK Entities working closely with the Senior Accountant and US finance team
- Assist with approvals of US to UK Intercompany cross charges
- Assist with Intercompany related balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with monthly preparation of Intercompany settlement
- Assist our US treasury team (who manage all EU bank reconciliations) and the EU AP team with bank related queries
- Assist in preparation of monthly FX Analysis for all UK and European Entities
- Compiling uniform schedules/process maps on current financial systems to be shared with local accountants/auditors
- P-card administration including preparation of month end invoice and wider business reporting
- Review of Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist with bag tax reporting
- Assist with National Statistics compliance
- Implement & assist with process improvements within the finance function
We look forward to hearing from you!