JOB TITLE: Senior Assistant Buyer (Home & Gift)
REPORTS TO: Buying Manager
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Assistant Buyer to join our Homewares team. We are looking for someone that has experience in Homewares and/or Gift retail with a genuine passion for Urban Outfitters and all things related to the Home. The ideal candidate will should be business minded, flexible, ambitious with a creative flair, and will thrive working in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist Buying Manager on all aspects of the day-to-day running of the business.
- Take ownership and responsibility for running own departments working closely with Planning team.
- Management of range building and product development process to ensure critical dates are met and product is ordered and approved.
- Owner of the range plan ensuring all info is accurate and up to date to order from.
- Critical Path Management.
- Keep abreast of market activity and make recommendations to the Buying Manager.
- Build excellent relationships with the supply base and using best negotiation skills
- Present product during range reviews and in Monday trade.
- Bring new ideas and business opportunities to our ever-expanding web business.
- Manage the OTB alongside the planning team recommending rebuys.
- React to changes in demand, in order to run the business as efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with PR, Marketing, Web, Visual Merchandising and Retail Operations teams to ensure that sales are maximized and the department reaches it’s full potential.
- Liaise and form strong relationships with buyers and production for LFL categories in NA UO.
- Develop and manage a BAA
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word/ Excel/ Outlook
- Trade show experience, UK and Europe
- Eye for fashion trends that can be translated into Homewares
- Good knowledge of competitor activity and current home and gift supply base
- Highly Organized and keen eye for detail
- A desire to see things through and make things happen quickly and effectively.