Junior Digital Designer
Senior Digital Designer
This position requires someone who strives for efficiency, process and a detail driven perfectionist. The designer must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends as well as partner and collaborate with other designers and UO departments. The Junior Digital Designer is a hands-on design role for individuals with a superb sense of typography, strong concepts, attention to detail and the relation to the digital medium. The Junior Digital Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand through the UO ecommerce website and digital marketing materials. This includes collaborating with designers to carry out design and production of graphics for all facets of the UO brand, focusing on following process and efficiencies throughout the creative process.
- Create visual assets for all of Urban Outfitters digital marketing channels: email marketing campaign, lookbooks, editorial layouts, paid media, UO app, etc.
- Create clean formatted InDesign files, and web ready graphics to hand over to the development team.
- Work with project coordinator to maintain deadlines and clearly communicate project status to team members.
- Communicate with designers, developers and project coordinator on weekly objectives and help facilitate execution of projects with limited timelines.
- Collaborate with designers to create new graphics seasonal direction.
- Develop graphic systems that are not just visually engaging but make sense for the UO Brand.
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac Platform
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Advanced understanding of digital formats across screen sizes and devices
- Good understanding of web technologies and standards
- Expert in creating web ready art work
- Ability to handle multiple design projects in a fast paced weekly workflow
- Past experience in retail or fashion related industry is a plus
BA in Graphic or Communication Design, or 1 year equivalent experience.