Creative Marketing Copywriter
Part of the Creative Marketing Team, the Creative Marketing Copywriter is the voice of Urban Outfitters, responsible for the creation of copy for all external and customer facing communications across women’s and men’s fashion, home and lifestyle.
The Creative Marketing Copywriter is responsible for providing on brand copy solutions for every touch point inclusive of website content, emails, banners, promotions, in store POS and exceptional blog content.
- Reporting into the Creative Marketing Editor, the Creative Marketing Copywriter will provide copy for all customer facing communications, ensuring strict weekly deadlines are adhered to and that all copy is on-brand, elevates marketing campaigns and creates an engaging customer journey.
- Project manage website copy and email updates. Ownership of excel briefing documents, ensuring that these are kept accurate and up to date. Work closely with creative design team to ensure feedback from weekly review meetings is actioned and assets are updated.
- Meticulous subediting of digital assets, ensuring all assets are free from errors before going live.
- Respond to trade priorities, providing punchy, reactive copy for promotions, email subject lines and marketing messages with a tight turnaround.
- Work with SEO team to ensure category pages and brand bios are written in accordance with the UO tone of voice, optimised with keywords and refreshed accordingly.
- Compile briefs for content features, providing admin support and liaising with third party collaborators.
- Create copy that tells the narrative of the Urban Outfitters ethos and ideas, inspiring our customer whilst also remaining clear and concise.
- Pitch, curate and create highly engaging and diverse blog articles, interviews edits and features. Contribute fresh ideas and new concepts to elevate and grow this platform.
- Spot check the accuracy and relevance of product descriptions, ensuring high standards across all departments.
- Research products, materials, style trends and other details to develop adequate background for the writing of copy.
- Tone of voice – ensure all copy adheres to the Urban Outfitters tone of voice and work with the senior content team and copy team in North America to develop a distinctive, global house style.
- Regularly undertake competitor research and stay abreast of industry trends, content and campaigns.
Required Knowlege, Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding organizational skills, time management and a meticulous attention to detail. Marketing or project management experience an advantage. Retail brand experience is preferred.
- Must be passionate about the UO brand and lifestyle.
- Excellent planning, organization and prioritization skills including the ability to multi-task and apply resources effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas effectively on the phone, via email and in meetings.
- Ability to identify trends; have finger on the pulse of fashion and culture that’s relevant to UO.
- Exceptional project management, process management and organization skills. Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across a large organization (both internally and externally).
- Ability to deliver work on time and as promised.
- Must be highly creative, ambitious and bursting with ideas to elevate the brand alongside a dedicated and passionate team.