Freelance Artworker / Production Designer
Production & Project Manager
This position requires someone who strives for efficiency, process and is a detail driven perfectionist. The Junior Artworker / Production Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the visual identity for the Urban Outfitters brand. This includes carrying out requests from the Production Manager, along with the rest of the Art Department team, for design and production of all facets of the Urban Outfitters brand. This position requires a team player with a hands-on approach to support the multiple creative projects that occur within the Art Department. The Junior Artworker focuses on production and assistance to Art Department team with research, digital file preparation, mechanical comps and presentations. Development and execution of weekly and seasonal sale and POP signage production is a significant responsibility of this position.
- Create and produce Sale and POP signage. Prioritize and multi-task and oversee all aspects of signage execution. Make copies, collate and set up all store distribution, ensuring accuracy and efficiency.
- Design or assist in the design of signage templates for Sale and POP based on current creative direction.
- Assist Designers with designs for Art Department projects based on their creative direction, adjusting as needed based on criticism and advice. Includes: seasonal display, store operations, product graphics, in-house communications, branding, digital designs, social assets etc.
- Assist Designers with all aspects of the various creative projects for the UO brand.
- File preparation, creating mock-ups, setting up presentations, gathering supplies, translations, etc.
- Research new and efficient methods for production as needed.
- Assist in department maintenance and upkeep of server, supplies and storage areas.
- Although this position is entry level, some Graphic Design experience a plus
- (internships, practicum classes, etc.)
- Working knowledge of MAC based design software, specifically adobe creative suite
- (web and MS Office a plus)
- Must be able to multitask with an awareness for timing and urgency
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design