UO – MW Branded Buyer
We are looking for a Menswear Branded Buyer to join the European Buying Team based here in the UK. This is an incredibly exciting role for a Buyer who will drive forward the Branded strategy and make a strong footprint on the overall menswear business across Urban Outfitters Europe. We are looking for someone with Experience within Branded Menswear buying and a strong point of view and understanding of our Menswear Customer lifestyle. This person will demonstrate a fresh perspective and a market leading point of view to curate the branded menswear edit for our UK and European stores.
- To ensure a market leading menswear branded edit, delivered from concept to customer both online and across retail doors.
- Create balanced initiatives encompassing fashionability, relevance to the urban customer, quality, value, and key volume as well as exclusive projects, emerging initiatives, and global partnerships with UO North America.
- In depth knowledge of the menswear market and strong point of view on current and upcoming trends
- Strong ability to trade and deliver in-season, as well as long lead strategic initiatives.
- Maintain excellent brand/supplier relationships with key partners
- Represent the brand with integrity and authority at all times, being a true brand ambassador for the menswear business.
- Negotiate price, delivery, trade and marketing terms to support business objectives
- Drive individual, departmental, and total business goals through seasonal initiatives
- Present strategy, ideas and concepts to senior management, ensuring their confidence in your decisions
- Train, lead and develop the branded team that consists of an AB and BAA
- Collaborate across functions to ensure complete delivery of concept to customer
- Experience buying menswear brands
- A real understanding of volume partnerships as well as market- leading ideas and emerging initiatives
- Excellent brand knowledge and grasp of trend
- Ability to identify fresh talent within new brands from around the world
- Have a directional eye while understanding the need for commercial balance
- Understand the distribution/adjacency issues, and willingness to challenge and navigate for the larger business goals
- Key understanding of the urban outfitters menswear customer and lifestyle
Salary - On Application. Please note your current salary when applying.
Location - Head Office, Oxford Circus, London.
Please specify the position for which you are applying in the subject line and attach your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you.