URBAN OUTFITTERS - Senior Digital Designer
REPORTS TO - Associate Art Director
This position requires an experienced problem solver who is highly motivated to see the impact and potential in given projects and for the UO brand overall. She / He will carry out the vision created by the Art Director and fully support the visual direction while offering up additional ideas and approaches. The Sr. Graphic Designer must be able to react quickly and multitask, keep current on design and brand appropriate trends and partner and collaborate with other designers and UO departments. The Sr. Digital Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the digital voice for the Urban Outfitters brand. This includes carrying out direction from the Art Director in the design and production for all facets of the Urban Outfitters brand. The Sr. Graphic Designer leads projects from conception through completion with the ability to delegate and manage all aspects thoroughly.
- Create visual assets for all of Urban Outfitters digital marketing channels: email marketing campaign, lookbooks, site layout, mobile site, UO app, etc.
- Offer several solutions and present to Assistant Art Director, responding to critique and direction with an open mind.
- Work with production/ project manager to maintain deadlines and clearly communicate project status to team members.
- Strong attention to detail with clean formatted InDesign files, and web ready graphics to hand over to the development team.
- Communicate with designers, developers and project managers on weekly objectives and help facilitate execution of projects with limited timelines.
- Collaborate with designers to create new graphics seasonal direction.
- Develop graphic systems that are not just visually engaging but make sense for the UO Brand.
- Attention to detail in all aspects of design and typography.
- Collaborate with print and multimedia teams for branding campaigns, site design, promotional messages and graphics initiatives.
- Work with social content teams to explore the graphic possibilities of social channels
- Research and gather inspiration for the visual identity of the UO brand as well as for individual projects.
- 3-5 years’ Digital Design experience
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac Platform
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and follow creative direction
- Advanced understanding of digital formats across screen sizes and devices
- Good understanding of web technologies and standards
- Expert in creating web ready art work
- Knowledge and understanding of coding and interactive capabilities
- Experience designing animated graphics formats: gif, svg, after effects, or html5.
- Past experience in retail or fashion related industry is a plus
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Graphic Design