UO: Cluster Manager – Barcelona
Reports to: EU Head of Retail
Urban Outfitters is a constantly evolving brand and has experienced incredible growth over the last few years. We need talented, dynamic and creative people to join us on this exciting journey. Currently there are 54 stores and concessions across the UK, Republic of Ireland and Mainland Europe. Urban Outfitters, Europe is solely accountable for their own buying, merchandising and selling.
We are currently seeking a Cluster Manager to join our Barcelona Store. Reporting into the Head of Retail, EU. As a Cluster Manager you will be based in our Barcelona store and be responsible for managing a small group of stores and management teams with the goal of driving sales and operational excellence in a highly creative environment.
You will need to embrace & embody all of the values of this exciting, multi-site fashion retail business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- An inspirational leader, you will utilise your knowledge of your teams skill set and passion and energy for the brand to develop your teams and ensure succession plans are in place for all managers.
- Strategically recruit, train and develop managers to increase the day to day productivity of the business
- Development of managers to support succession planning for the future growth of the business
- Manage all aspects of people development (Performance Appraisals, Individual Development Plans, Coaching and Counseling and Disciplinary actions) for a productive and successful workforce
- Uphold Company standards and act as strong leader to the store teams.
Leadership and Communication:
- To lead our stores to deliver exceptional results by embracing and protecting the Urban Outfitters culture and lifestyle.
- Empower management to conduct and execute productive daily and department meetings by ensuring there is a comprehensive structure in place i.e. agenda
- Model the way for the store teams and inspire a shared vision
- Responsible for the roll-out of new training and operational initiatives
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form
Managing the Environment:
- Coach management to take the initiative as leaders to oversee all levels of customer service and set daily goals and expectations to create positive store environment’s
- Exhibit excellent floor presence by training and coaching the store managers on customer service, standards, product placement and time management
- Achieve Company-average mystery shop results by guiding the team to uphold the Company’s customer service standard
- Conduct walkthroughs with management teams on a regular basis with constructive feedback and obtainable goals
- Lead the teams to perform all store-level operational procedures accurately and in a timely fashion, in accordance with all Company policies and procedures
- Achieve the store stock loss goals by training loss prevention awareness and overseeing adherence to loss prevention practices
- Develop and implement a functional shipment processing system to ensure that merchandise is placed promptly, and the sales floors are fully stocked
- Possess excellent organisational skills and have the ability to plan, organise and execute projects by priority
- Assume total accountability for store Health & Safety by overseeing and upholding Company Health & Safety procedures at all times in order to protect employees and customers against accidents and incidents
Merchandising and Display:
- In conjunction with the Visual and Display Coordinators, facilitate a working relationship between the management and visual teams in order to enhance the store environment and efficiently execute all merchandising projects
- Coach management to understand and interpret current fashion trends in local markets in order to generate creative solutions
- Work with the Visual & Display Coordinators and management teams to ensure floor sets are well organised, schedules appropriately, cleanly executed and completed timely
- You will use your strong commercial acumen and wealth of retail knowledge to monitor and identify opportunities to increase sales across your stores, developing both short and long-term strategies for the store’s development.
- Lead your teams to maximise store sales through analytical and creative management of merchandise from receipt to sales
- Assume total accountability for your stores profitability and guide the management team to utilise Company reports to react to trends and drive business
- Stay abreast of current trends and have a sound knowledge of customer profile by keeping up to date with external influences i.e. media and local community
- Manage stock levels appropriately (taking into consideration the store environment) through the understanding of relevant reports and market trends
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills to achieve and exceed store targets
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Role to be based in Barcelona store, overseeing our Milan standalone store and our 4 concessions across France & Italy
- Experience in a senior management role working in a fast paced, high volume fashion retail environment, managing €6m+ turnover
- Have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate to multi-tasking ability
- Upholding excellent VIBE and a service-orientated culture
- Ability to positively impact statistical results in sales, payroll and stock loss
- Proven record of developing talented individuals at Manager level
- Can demonstrate the ability to identify problems and implement creative solutions (back of house, scheduling, organisation)
- An appreciation and understanding of the Urban Outfitters culture and its appeal to the local market
- Travel at a maximum of 2 days per week, working days to be flexible
- Must be fluent in Spanish & English