KNITWEAR DESIGN FREELANCE
Urban Outfitters is bringing an alternative vision of retail to the world. We started out as a single boutique in 1970s Philadelphia, came to Europe 20 years ago and grew to 51 stores across the UK, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Germany, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy and France. We’ve kept all our buying, merchandising, editorial and selling in-house as we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got our eyes on new horizons. And we’re looking for talented, fresh-thinking and dynamic people to come with us.
We’re looking for a Freelance Menswear Knitwear Designer to join our team.
- Developing an innovative and commercial range of Knitwear products to meet business requirements across the UK and Europe for stores and online.
- Designing products that exceed the Urban Outfitters customer expectations of the brand, whilst remaining commercial in approach.
- Designing products with an awareness of price architecture, margins and selling prices.
- Working closely with the buying teams on colour palettes and trends for the coming seasons.
- Working with the buying teams to define the collections and to produce them to reflect the Urban Outfitters concept whilst ensuring commerciality remains.
- Keeping abreast of current season sales and create fast-react product in season to meet demands.
- Reporting into the Head of Womenswear Design.
- The understanding of Urban as a trend maker and leader with the know how to take it to the next level.
- Portfolio should be very directional and demonstrate an ability to think outside the box.
- Be very detailed from concept stage through to specs and final designs.
- Creativity and style.
- Proven track record of delivering in season product.
- Proven ability of managing internal relationships and communications.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent commercial acumen with the ability to identify new opportunities with exceptional communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Proficient CAD – Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Need to be experienced working with a global supply base.
- A confident communicator, you will be very well organized.